Monday, October 1, 2012

Kinabalu Revisited


Sabah stretches out before you as you descend from Laban Rata
A whole bunch of friends have been making the climb up Kinabalu mountain in Sabah. Its a very special kinda feeling scaling up this granite giant and the vistas that will greet you from the top are breath taking.

I last went a while back before Sutera Harbour took over the management of Sabah Parks which has resulted in at least 300% increase in fees to climb this UNESCO heritage site. Which means the cheap ass that i am, I'll be spending that money on other little treks around the South East Asian region.

Go HERE for my climb up the mountain, with a then fitness level of a geriatric Teletubby. (which is not far off from where my fitness is now).

Have a good Monday morning folks!

4 comments:

langkau said...

beautiful but i'm not climbing up this mountain again. or any other mountains for that matter. or anything that is over 500m high.

Chindiana said...

hahaha i know la you're a jungle kinda guy Langkau. Eh i didnt hear your account on KK la. except that you didnt enjoy it. Must update when we meet next!

langkau said...

KK was okay because I enjoyed the Mesilau trail very much. but I didn't find climbing up the rock at 2am, with a headache, ice cold wind, and lack of oxygen very appealing.

Chindiana said...

looks like you kena altitude sickness a bit. thats why my slow tortoise pace helps me in some ways!

Pity also its so expensive to climb kinabalu these days. At least i did it when it was cheaper!