Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Salon Virgin No More...

You try everything once 'they' say. I sat through a facial once and just when i was dozing off that steam shit scared the crap out of my ass. How was i to know you need that to open up your pores.

Two days ago i the Girl Friend of Chindy was going to get her hair cut and washed and since I didnt 90 minutes wouldnt give me enough time to do manly things on a Sunday (like hiking a mountain, wrestling a bear or just siting in Kanana Curry House gorging on banana leaf lunch), i decided to get my hair washed and cut by a professional.

My head of hair over the past 40 years has ONLY been cut by old Indian barbers. Even back in the day when these guys would be cycling around the neighbourhoods and i would sit at the drain beside my house as he snipped away. Even back in the day when I graduated to another Indian guy who had a shop but smoked those old Indian 'cheroots'.

On this Sunday morning, a hip Chinese man snipped my hair, his assistance shampooed my close cropped top and massaged my scalp and neck. (yes it was nice).

All this for a grand total of RM60 bucks which is about USD30.

My Indian barbers cut my hair for Rm10.

-_-


RM60 buck is a jug and half of beer. 5 bottles of Heineken. The latest Walking Dead trade paperback. and... um.... motherfuck.... there's nothing much you can buy with 60 bucks these days ....


FOr the life of me i can't tell the difference but the GFOC says I look nice and the Staff of Chindy says my head looks good.

Maybe I'll go back.

Someday.

When i stop my drinking habits.

One must balance the hair wash to bucket of Heineken ratio in one's daily life.

9 comments:

Hamster'sNuts said...

Dei !

Pigi da.... ;P

Ashley Liew said...

Damn I'll miss out on that new hair of yours!

Chindiana said...

Wei Hamster! suddenly your inner macha came out...

Mz Liew! Mana you? on leave? Just for you i'll go back and wash next month. that neck massage was not too shabby!

Ashley Liew said...

then u better go back next month cos you'll only see me in a month's time. you either wait for the full deets or hit up my page to get an idea mana aku sekarang ;)

Chindiana said...

sounds like a rough time. hope it doesnt stop you from having a cold beverage in the future!

Take care woman and rest up ya. I'll sponsor some dodgy dvd's if you're bored.

Nex said...

RM60 is US$20 lah dei...since when our currency went up so much? :P

BTW my last hair cut in march at a salon was only RM18 hehehehehe

Chindiana said...

oh sorry. math fail.

AND Nex I bet your rm18 salon 'do didnt come with a hair wash and a solid half hour head, shoulder and back massage!

langkau said...

i usually cut the left side of my hair myself, especially after 5 bottles of Heineken, before i go to barber and tell him to cut the other side identical as my left. that way i save money.

p.s. - i am right handed so i cant cut the right side my own. mirror confuses sometimes.

Chindiana said...

hahahahah Langkau! the best part is i KNOW its probably true and not some fuzzy logic/memory from too much booze. Hey you're back tomorrow right? lemme know if you're up for drinks ro friday drinks pun boleh.