Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Social Media Big Brother?

Hold on! waitaminit.....

I am a technological Neanderthal so I need some help on this.

This morning, while I was doing my normal morning thinking session sitting on the Throne of Chindiana this disturbing thought slipped into my pre-dawn mental contemplation of life, somewhere between seeing Lindsay Lohan's bobos in Machete and how do I keep myself occupied for a whole day in Brunei which has that alcohol ban still in place.

Here we go.

My Blackberry calendar is linked to my Facebook, Yahoo and office accounts. It detects my calendar appointments and annoys me with reminders when I am on the move.

CAN the flow of information work the other way around? Can my phone calls to umm... how do I say, certain 1-800 numbers or um... the Pink Lady Lounge (who may have a FB site with their contact details) be sent BACK to my FB page with hints that might appear in notices that tempt me to 'like' the Pink Lady Lounge or that Japanese Twin Body Oil Massage 24 hour Service FB pages?

Can this happen?

Educate me people. Save me from the a life of technological ignorance!!!!

Pleeeeaaase...........

kowmeng aaahhhh........

8 comments:

BellaButterNuts said...

please 'berak' less for the love of technology..thank you.

Chindiana said...

uh........ ok?

Nex said...

You mean can your perverted visits to unsavoury sites somehow be displayed as some kind of update or notice on your FB page?

I doubt it...I've been monitoring your FB page for years and haven't found any evidence I can use yet...so you're safe, for now...until I crack your password and hack your account...

Chindiana said...

I mean not just me la and not just unsavory sites - more like if i call my office a lot on my berry and my company has an FB site, would that site appear in some form on my FB notices. itu je...

Damn, looks like i musta confused people.

again.

AIyo Nex, why waste time cracking my account? wouldn't it be more worth your while and inner satisfaction to hack the account of some Japanese girl called Miyoko who has a fetish for riding Harley Davidsons in a Leia Slave Girl outfit?

Nex said...

You mean there's a Japanese girl called Miyoko with a fetish for riding Harley Davidsons in a Leia Slave Girl outfit out there?

Dayum!

Chindiana said...

well with all the attention seekers out there I am sure there is at least one!

freshsourmilk said...

it doesn't work that way. updates will only appear on your company's FB page when you make a comment on the "wall", as they say.

When FB syncs with BB it consolidates FB users who are on your phonebook, either they have listed their no's on their FB page or it syncs by names. But if you have more than 1 person by the name of John Smith on your FB it'll not be able to sync. So that's all it does, it consolidates data, there's no intersection in communication.

At least I think that's what you're saying. Oh, by the way can you give me the links of the japanese girls websites?

Someone inspired me to have a great idea of getting an Osim massage chair while watching japanese girls doing their thing. It's like having 2 japanese girls (twins) giving you a massage, yunno?

Yeah Baby Yeah!

Chindiana said...

sorta explains it Acid. I want to check on this a little bit more. I think if you call or bbm people you might get to see their notices about their activities in some form under the photo memories, etc sections.

Japanese erotica. DVDs are available at all fine DVD stores in Kuala Lumpur AND i have heard they do have that oil body massage action somewhere in Cheras or Old Klang Road. If you're up for it, I'll pay. JUst let me watch.