Thursday, October 21, 2010

Its the Morning...

... and I am sitting here on my balcony tapping on my laptop. Its windy and slightly chilly. The wind is dancing with the leaves of the trees outside. It's one of those mornings where even with work, things look hopeful. I have 3 meetings today where I seek to pry money from people's guarded budgets. Today I will put my tin cup in hand and go to meet one CEO, one chairman and a marketing director of a regional bank. I have been told to offset my constipated look I should wear something pink. Maybe with cute cuff links. Nice, the wind just picked up. I am now in Bali eating crispy duck in an ocean of a green rice field, in Laos crossing mountains framed by a brilliant blue sky, I am on a volcano as the sun rises in the east, its golden rays bouncing off the early morning mist that cover the lake below. I am now looking at a lush Himalayan valley below as a clear blue river cuts across a pasture in the evening light. Children play football among grazing horses as further away a 200 meter waterfall streams into a small pond fronted by a small Buddhist stuppa. I am on a beach, Bob Marley waits in vain in my headphones, coconut trees rustle above as waves crash against the white sandy beach in front of me. I am back to reality. Leaves still rustle above me. The wind still caresses my face. I need to pick a shirt. A pink one as I have been told. Maybe today I'll wear a smile too.

10 comments:

J said...

Good luck! Try to pick a nice matching smile to bring out the pinkness of your shirt.... :)

ah lim said...

Ya man. This morning is a nice breezy morning, i left home early and stop by mamak to have some teh and thosai while enjoying the cool breezy morning heh.

BellaButterNuts said...

i enjoyed reading this..

Chindiana said...

J! I have two sets of smiles, one being 'constipated' and the other an 'angry grimace'

Ah Lim! you lucky man! most important question, was that mamak the old school type bawah pokok?

Bella! terrimakasiiiiiiiiiih! :)

Jun-E said...

Like this post =)

Nex said...

I am now diamonds.

Chindiana said...

Thanks Jun-E! :D

Nex... um...ok. You were always precious anyway......

LCB said...

Emo sial...

C. Andres Alderete said...

Nice. I like how you can write something so imaginative but still confess a constipated expression. It's like we were separated at birth.
(Also, it's okay that you don't know Pete Yorn or Dane Cook. (They're douchebags.))

Chindiana said...

Mana ada emo LCB? Just stating the mood and also just running through the places I've been and seen. I would have loved to put the part about that 6 foot lady boy in Haatyai but will problem saved that for another day...

Thanks Carlos! It is scary isn't it, knowing you might have a constipated twin on the other side of this planet? :P