Monday, September 27, 2010

Saved By The 'Paste

I ended up scalding some fingers with hot water last night (don't ask......). The real pain didn't seem to hit till much later. Its one of those sneaky little mother fuckers that creeps up on you like a little mini finger tickle and then descends within minutes into an angry taloned vice grip of a furious woman. I sat through the first 5 minutes watching a Dexter rerun. Thought it would go away. But pain is an unforgiving gay man.

I try to man up and see how long I can take it. Sorry to say all those Twilight viewing session has affected my Kryptonian strength. Or should I say stubbornness of Kryptonian proportions?

Then this weird confusion sets in. I know what to do with a broken foot and torn ligaments (doctor/hospital), bleeding nose (ice pack), leech bites (stick a Chinese newspaper on it), fear of vampires (have sex), BUT what does one do with raising pain in ones fingers at 11pm?

Luckily all those old memories of patient voices from my past drifts to the fore and I find myself rubbing tooth paste onto the burnt digits.

Aitelyu, Sensodyne works man! Instant relief. Instant! Plus if you're hungry you can lick your fingers too. Minty. Yum......

5 comments:

J said...

Chinese newpaper on leeches? Why havent I heard of this remedy b4?
(Ditto with the fear of vampires! lol)
:)

Hope ur fingers r feeling better...

Chindiana said...

Some old uncle told me and we tried it - all 3 of us who had bites and the bleeding stopped within an hour. normally it takes a minimum 2 hours at the least. maybe it was just the weather...

AAAANND that sex thing, try it the next time you watch The Grudge or Ringoo :P

langkau said...

can also use wet lumut for minor burns (in the absence of Sensodyne - bloody expensive toothpaste you use...)

Chindiana said...

Ya man, an expensive habit inculcated by Mommy Chindi into my grooming/teeth care routine....

Nex said...

I'd tell you to keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide handy, but you'd probably end up drinking it, so I won't...