Friday, July 16, 2010

So I'm Off...

Ariel view of Agung

So I leave in a coupla hours for Gunung Agung in Bali. Its stands about 10,380 ft plus minus a coupla ft. My training so far for the past month has been once a week one hour hikes/romp/skip in the jungle nature walks in Gasing Hill, 5 times weekly visits alternating between Velvet, Cheers, Ecobar, Waikiki, WIP, Deutch Haus and Online Pub respectively where I have 'carbo loaded' on Heineken, Johnny Black, Tiger and assorted German beers.

My knees are still far from all good although my back has been behaving well lately. As I type this just after 4am I havent packed yet. I leave for the airport in 3 hours.

My fitness yardstick was the Nuang climb earlier this year - 5 hours up (an hour short of the peak) which was OK although the walk down turned my knees into jello.

I will be joined by............

Gus! My technical director who lives in Bali (100% male). We are supposed to be taking the trail that should take 4 hours to the crater at the top of this still active volcano.

I start the climb at about 1am this Sunday. This leaves me today and Saturday to do more 'carbo loading'. Prob at the Rock Bar or maybe the Bali Hard Rock.

To the 3 applicants from the Bikini Bod Open Invitational:

Candidate A : I dont plan my hols 6 months in advance to give you that much notice la aiyo. Am a creature of impulse, a lone wolf prowling the plains alone. Wait, is that a lone stallion? anyway...

Candidate B : Seperate Rooms is not good for my soul la wei! blood test? ... -_-

Candidate C : You ahh........SIIIIIIGGGHHHHH! If only your boy friend were not larger than me.......

What's the world coming to? Just can't depend on anyone these days...

7 comments:

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

Wait wait. I will apply in 2 months time. Now my body not bikini ready yet. haha... :)

Have fun on your trip!

Ah Chongzzz said...

Yodel-leigh-hee-hoooooo... Watch out for that rock Chindy! And bring back some g'dowwwllll Chindy tales ;)

Chindiana said...

J! lemme see in two months time I might hit Sapa in Vietnam. Just hill territory no beaches. You can still bring that two piece and make sure the hills are alive with more than just music!

Ah Chongzzz.... what rock? :P

Nex said...

Wow would love to go back to Sapa again...my last trip was pitifully short, and plagued by rain.

Chindiana said...

eh when did you go to Sapa Nex? September also? Dont want to get caught in the same situation.

Nex said...

I went in August, which was the hot season. We were suffering in 40 degree heat in Hanoi, but it rained non-stop at Sapa. Hope you have better luck!