Friday, June 4, 2010

Timeout KL Comedy Night

Last night I shouted at a comedian on stage informing him helpfully that "YOU SUCK!".

"Well that's what you get for paying 15 bucks!" came the retort. He paused, and i braced for the impact of being put in my place by a man who makes his living on humor and lighting wit.

He kept pausing.

Scratched his head and said, "I have no comeback to that."

Yea I AM a grumpy fuck but I just can't put up with smug folks who crack when its time to represent. There is already too much bullshit in the world without finding out that that comedian on stage is nothing more than a Russel Peters regurgitating little wanker. Comedians are supposed to be cool and worldly. They make us laugh at our best and worst moments.

I never do this shit but Malaysian comedians think they are funny, with most resorting to racial jokes in attempts so elicit laughter from a crowd fueled up on happy hour beers.

Why did I say he sucked? Well the arse had the tough luck of following up after OTHER arseholes.

C'mon man, a Chinese dude TRYING to be a Russian, a fucking talking puppet called Ali and a Liverpool Supporter half attempting to dis MU fans.

The bottom line is these guys do not tell jokes from true experiences or even observation of real life. They have not LIVED their jokes. They just picked and copied shit from already old jokes from every mamak stall and Starbucks. I found it easier to shit out a bag full of bricks then to be able to understand most of their jokes which were essentially bending facts to suit their punchline. Velvet last night was Lame-O Central. There were a coupla of hot MILFs though which explained Tree Huggers happy smile during the entire show. ( ok i hv NO IDEA where THAT came from)

Comedians are supposed to be reflect our inner humour. They say things we normally say in our heads. Except they have a better punchline and a sense of timing. So when comedians drift away from reality and start pandering to their own egos then I think its OK for us to then verbalize what's in our minds even if it is informing them that they would suck the sweat off a baboon's balls to get a laugh.

11 comments:

BellaButterNuts said...

angry nye..
go eat some cheese ;P

Stella said...

Hahah poorthing, wasted RM15. Read your own old posts and laugh la it's free wat. :P

J said...

I remember how I felt when I went to watch Harith Iskandar - Malaysia's "funniest man". =_=

My fault partly for having high expectations tho, I guess.

Josie said...

hahaha, that bad? phew, luckily didn't go.

we told the treehugger to head to the curve around the baby/maternity shops during weekends, lotsa MILFs for him to ogle at. :D

Chindiana said...

Bella! cheese wont help. Maybe better luck with a couple of Guinness pints? yes yes, have to jaga my battle to not look pregnant!

Stella! I'm ashamed to say i got in free :P. Makan free still complain. Haha I'm turning into a bitch...

J! these guys not even Harith! Those amateurs from the Timeout Show. Oh well in hindsight I WAS a bit of a rude kurang ajar clown... Come next time you follow we and we heckle from the back!

Eh Josie, you mean he actually likes MILFs? I thought last night was a one off... nice, can kacau some more.

Josie said...

hehe, why do you think we keep pointing out MILFs to him?

Chindiana said...

hmmm. never realized that Josie... well NOW i know!

Nex said...

Give the guy s break lah dude, its not easy being a performer.

Anyone who's been on stage trying to pander to half-drunk audience know how tough it can be trying to keep a straight face and do your thing no matter what happens off stage...

J said...

haha..
Well, I'll wear my running shoes just in case one of them snaps and goes ape sheet after too much heckling...

... or hey, if you can wrestle bears then you can wrestle amok-ing amatuer stand up comedians too, right? :)

Chindiana said...

Hmmm Nex, one of your past job exeriences? :P Eh come down soon bro we go there and have a sorry laugh!

J! of course! With my left pinky.

Nex said...

Yeah...and it was not my fault...some dumb fucks were fighting over a girl and they bumped into the DJ console making the record skip, and everyone on the dance floor booed, unaware of the commotion behind...

Fun times... >.<