Friday, February 26, 2010

What's In My Book Case - yeah it's a sloooooow public holiday



This is something I've always wanted - an almost ceiling high wall of books. Some for me to devour for personal satisfaction (Sandman and Watchmen and Alan Moore comics) and some to impress women (Shindler's List, Soul Mountain, some Danielle Steel). Two things though - In my current state of mind I find it incredibly tough to find books I like PLUS books just aren't that cheap with our weak currency.


Part of my graphic novel collection. Women get confused when they see this.


One of my fav figures, the comic character Dawn. Never read the book but just loved McFarlane's sculpt. Gorgeous for a 6"high figure.


Spawn in flight. And NO that's the stand and not a 18" boner between his legs...


TRYING to learn how to run a business - half these books remained unread.


McFarlane's Ice Dragon - love the detail!


The source of confusion for many people - Conan and Soul Mountain in a row...


Ahhh, Janis in all her wailing glory. Another McFarlane favourite of mine.


Many mistake this as my self indulgent tribute to grumpy, constipated personality. Siiigh to be misunderstood.

8 comments:

ah lim said...

Wah I didn't know you have comics on your bookshelf. Next time i'm there can i read them?

BTW You really look like Conan.

Chindiana said...

-_- Ah Lim....

ghoul said...

I see you have the series 1 Eternal Dragon :) I need the Water Dragon for that series. Still. Dangit :( Oh, I have that Ice Dragon, too. Except the series 8 (which is horrible... purple? what were they thinking?) I have that Conan, too.

I like your bookshelf. Is it customised or you stacked up Ikea's shelves? I customised mine but it's all horizontal, and not compartment-alised like yours (which I think is a nice idea) Anyhow, mine's in a L shape, too, because it takes up two small walls. However, it's really all the wya to the ceiling, so I don't have to wipe wipe wipe the top. And it's white like yours, too.

My figurines all in their blister packs or boxes, mostly. Hehe. And books? Messy and everywhere. :)

Word verification: prowful

Chindiana said...

Ghoul! still looking for the water dragon eh? think graphittis is selling in TImes Square but in a set. Let me check and see and will let you know la.

Blister packs eh? aaah looking to re-sell in the future i see...

ghoul said...

Actually, too lazy to take them out. All dusty and all :) I doubt i will ever sell them. Got some revoltech and those masterpiece transformers...

The shop at Amcorp Mall also sell the dragon, but must get as set lor.

btw... HARRY POTTER? You collect Hally Potted?? :P

Hehehe.

word verification: basesses

Chindiana said...

uh... Ghoul... sorry dude, no Potters for me man...

ghoul said...

I meant the books. I think I saw couple of them on the shelves :)

Hehehe.

word verification: consu

P.S. Too ashamed to show u my bookshelf, lor.

Chindiana said...

aaah books yes. action figs no la.