Sunday, February 7, 2010

Half A Day In Saigon

Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, what do you call it? This was another one of those trips where I'm in and out of a country within 6 hours. 

You know you've got a problem with conversion of currency when you change USD50 dollars and get back 872,000 Dong. 872,000!!! WTF! Where does one even begin to start to figure out how much I'm paying in RM when paying for a bottle of mineral water which seems to cost the sum total of a bungalow in SS2.

Bottom line?

1. The traffic sucks

2. It SEEMS cleaner than Hanoi up North.

3. Communication with locals is easier than with drunk Ewoks on crack.

4. Things are fucking expensive. It's almost all in US Dollars. A croissant sandwich and a small coffee cost me USD10 at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport. That's RM35 maaaann!!!!! I'm sorry but its the most expensive sadwich I've EVER had in an airport. I would probably pay about RM15 for the same thing at the LCCT and the second (now) most expensive would be in Changi in Singapore where it would cost about RM24-26. 

5. Its easier to get a Megan Fox hand job then a cab (that is not occupied) in downtown Ho Chi Minh.

Below are some random moments.


The New York steak house - great place for client schmoozing. Food is passable.

As I spend 2 of the 4 hours stuck in a cab here are some random pictures taken from my window:











REALLY BORED AT TAN SON NHAT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT






Yeah you know one is bored when one starts taking pictures of innocent chairs in an airport...

2 comments:

Suet said...

need no description.. b.o.r.i.n.g not even a mug shot of anyone.. no one at all!?

Chindiana said...

Well most of them looked grumpy or bored so I didn't bother!

Next trip la i take pics of people!