The last time I did this was probably 5 years ago. It seemed easier then.
Maybe it was the Sunday afternoon rain storm that kept me going for a run in Gasing Hill (okok, a walk...)
Maybe I was being cheap.
Maybe it SEEMED simple.
Maybe it's my growing fondness for Miley Cyrus...
I tried sewing on some buttons on a shirt.
I didn't think it was that hard. How hard could it be anyway???
Let me count the ways...
1. Getting that cheap ass thread through the eye of the needle
2. Realizing the thread is frayed and wont go through easily. Trimming the damn thing.
3. Finding the right center spot for the button. A little too high or low and your shirt looks like it was put together by a drunk gorilla.
4. THEN realizing that I've go to knot the end or else i would end up pulling the whole thread through the button hole.
5. THEN figuring out what to do when you finish. I've got fingers fit for wrestling bears, NOT tying teeny weeny knots on microscopic pieces of thread.
It took me 20 minutes to sew the first button. 15 minutes for the second.
Damn, I'm a fast learner...