Well, well, guess what? I've been bestowed the Honest Scrap Awards by fellow blogger Carlos from Austin, Texas.
It's basically the same as getting tagged but here you list down 10 things no one knows about yourself. Carlos has rocked the system by making all this recipients to only list down 9 soon NOT to be secret facts about themselves.
Since I'm going to be a famous blogger and need to show a penchant for the brilliant, I shall now make every recipient of the Honest Scrap Awards for Asia to list down 8 hitherto unknown tidbits about themselves. Carlos dude, if you're reading this, 8 is THE lucky number in Asia, especially among the Chinese. It's literally translated to 'luck'.
This is going to be weird. I can't say to much as you'll all figure out that I live a dodgy life wrestling toy bears before breakfast... D'OH!!!!!
8 things you folks don't know about me.
1. I've been told on the rare occasion I snore, its like a bear trying to give birth to a camel that's got Shaquille O'Neil tied to its ass. DISCLAIMER - I only snore if i'm drunk on whisky which is rare. Twice a year only!
2. I listen to Kylie Minogue when I'm stressed at home. She makes me happy :)
3. Transvestites scare me. A little.
4. I 'borrowed' a wine barrel from a pub once when no one was looking.
5. When I expect someone to royally fuck up AND THEY DO, it really REALLY pisses me off. Don't ask me why. It's like I feel like they've disappointed me by not upping their game. I then proceed to quietly drown my pissed-offness in several pints of Guinness.
6. In my whole life clubbing all over the world, I've had my ass squeezed in clubs or bars on various occassions to a grand total of 2 women, 2 gay men, 1 straight man and one 6 foot transvestite. I did accept the tranny's offered Heineken though. Never turn down free beer. PLUS she was in a sari so I could prob outrun her in case she wanted her reward.
7. I have a low tolerance for bratty kids. Give me one of those Nerf guns with the suction darts and put the little punk on the other team...
8. I have this habit of singing/humming Chantal Kreviazuk's version of John Denver's 'Leaving On a Jet plane' just after i check into any airport in the world. Of course it's out of tune and normally young children and animals in the immediate vicinity start dropping into a state of coma.
There you have it. Painless no?
AND as is the wont of these Awards, I have to nominate 8 of you to spill the beans on your deepest darkest secrets. I'm going with a list of folks whose blogs I regularly read. Aaaaaanddd the unlucky victims are:
1. Nex - my old buddy from 'those days' whose living in paradise and yet bitching about having to spend a weekend in a mall with hot Filipino women
2. S'wak - The customizer extraordinaire and movie geek! And that's just his hobby!
3. Jun-E - the PHD student who will one day be the Secretary General of the United Nations and finally clean up this shit hole that the planet is turning into
4. Han Solo - one of the earliest blogs that I used to visit and my teh tarik kaki whenever she gets back to KL. Sorry missed the last few rounds Solo - Selamat Hari Raya yo.
5. Sam (Wak this way) - A Malaysian stuck in Ireland with a beautiful wife, a great practice and a cool photographer! Get's a bit nervous when Balinese old ladies say "picit, picit?" :P
6. Farah - One of my oldest and hottest friends who got me started on blogging! Farahsiva yo!
7. Ashley - deep thoughtful and suddenly getting very generous with the word 'fuck' in her blog posts. Damn, I'm a bad influence on the young...
8. Josie - my hiking kaki with the rest of the Kuantan Rescue Rangers.
Hey Carlos, sorry it took so long man. I wanted to write this with a clear mind. Too much stress lately.
And to the rest of youse, get to it! I'm coming over to your blogs for a Raya visit soon! :P
Selamat Hari Raya to all of you who are celebrating this auspicious day today!