Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spare Boxers Anyone?

Man, all this travelling is taking a toll on my wardrobe. I've been away every week for the past 3 weeks. The weekends have seen Manado and Kota Kinabalu taking me away from KL excluding the various day trips to Singapore and Jakarta over the weekdays. My apartment is a mess! My laundry hasn't been done in weeks. I dropped a load off at the laundromat yesterday. The future of my privates being comforted by clean linen now lies in the hands of my laundry dude who now faces the challenge of expediting the cleansing of my clothes. If he screws up (which he regularly does) I'll have to leave for Brunei tomorrow with the mantra of "just turn it inside out" for my briefs.

I'm car-less as well with Chindy Mobile 2.0 being traded up for a new version 3.0. Now I'm at the mercy of those asswipe jackals - The Malaysian Taxi Drivers. I've hated travelling lately, when I get into the LCCT late at night and the cab drivers REFUSE to pick up passengers until well past 12.30am so that they can make the extra Ringos from the midnight charges. This normally leaves me cooling my heels for 45 minutes to an hour AFTER a 2-3 hour flight. The taxi concessionaire is probably in on this action as they tell impatient passengers to upgrade to the more expensive limo service if they cant wait. When I asked the dude who do I complain to, he nonchalantly said "Ministry of Transport". Fuk man, if we can't even keep punks like cab drivers in check how else to fight the rest of the societies villains (snatch thieves, triads, Rempits, the Teletubbies...)?

I go to Brunei tomorrow night with only the thought of good pasta and the enchanting company of the Gliding Peacock and Fang the Assassin. After my breakfast meeting on Friday, I will end up working out of a Chinese cafe who is 'borrowing' the WIFI signal from a hotel nearby until my late evening flight at 8pm. I'm so restless. I've missed futsal and have had no physical activity since the Manado volcano climbs and hikes ten days ago. I need to get fit again. Gunung Agung is quietly waiting in smug silence in Bali. If I dont turn up with some form of fitness and training he's gonna turn me into a crying baby Powerpuff Girl.

Cab still won't come to pick me up. The office is too close and the traffic is still bad. If I was going to the airport these fukers would be my beeyatches. One call and they'd all turn up at my doorstep pronto!. Never mind the traffic, a flood or a giant mutant papaya attack on the city. Bastids.....

15 comments:

ah lim said...

Get those disposable underwears. Haven't use them before but seen it in pharmacies.

Chindiana said...

Dunno man, tried it coupla times. Not used to having something that feels like a sun dried jellyfish cradling my 'cikus'.

Nex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nex said...

Its time you got yourself a washing machine.

This way at least you'll have clean underwear, socks, t-shirts and shorts all the time, Dress shirts and pants can be sent for ironing if you wish.

Chindiana said...

Yes mum.....

:P

Ally Bedhouin said...

Or just go buy new ones Chindy!

Chindiana said...

Done! FOS saves the day! :)

ah lim said...

har? u mean u don't have washing machine at home??? the most essential of all home appliances! the first thing to get is washing machine. washing machine is man's greatest invention... in my whole honest opinion, the other one is internet of course.

Nex said...

Thanks for the enlightenment Lim; here I am, thinking man's greatest invention was the ability to talk women into slaving for us for nothing more then a piece of paper (which until quite recently was not even required), and a bit of that crazy little thing call 'Love'...

*ducks before all the ladies in the house start throwing projectiles at me* :P

Chindiana said...

you clowns and your washing machines.

and your chavaunistic lines....

no wonder we're all signal

Nex said...

We're all signal? Cool!

kuhanfoo said...

-_-

T said...

Hey man, just reached home after dropping u off at yr 5star hotel. Amazingly or maybe on purpose, u left yr blog window open for me to read on my mac.

Anyway, my point here is that..... I hope u got yr briefs sorted out before "U ALIVE" here hahahahaha. But come to think of it, there was a distinct smell when we were at Fratini's!!!

See u tomorrow for our meeting with the beloved uncles. I hope to God I can keep a straight face on. If I happen to leave the room for a short while, its only because I need to regain my composure and not burst out laughing at them.

I wonder if I should bring a rope and stool for them, just in case.....

Goodnight man

The Gliding Peacock

Chindiana said...

Peacock! - that was the drain ler.... My briefs dont smell of rotten eggs (yet!)

Hey dont dis the uncles OK? They are vely nice pipple.

T said...

I will try my very best, but sometimes my best just isnt good enough muahahahahaha

The Gliding Peacock