Friday, May 15, 2009

Die Mid Valley Megamall Die!!!

I spent half an hour looking for parking yesterday. Two weeks earlier 45 minutes! This mall has the most ridiculous parking system in the Klang Valley, a labyrinth of pillars, dead ends, barriers that seeks to separate season pass holders, hotel guests and regular shoppers with the success rate of a one legged sloth on the North South Highway.

I declare this for I am far seeing and wise and also because I've not had my coffee yet this morning - all malls will be redundant in 20 years time. They will only be limited to the population within walking distance BECAUSE of bad planning in the suburbs of PJ and the city all roads around malls will be snarled up with traffic and finding a vacant car park would equivalent to finding a Ramly Burger stall on Mars. Oh wait, that's already happening now!

Online sales will pick up in 5 years. Malls will die and the Mid Valley mall management will be relegated to taking up positions in the mall's resident Starbucks or giving out Thai foot massages on the mall aisles.

I have spoken. Now where's my coffee....

8 comments:

ghoul said...

Only half an hour, chindy? :) that ain't bad. But I agree that MidValley's new parking system is horrendous and it's hell trying to get a spot, much less a good one.

word verification: rebanu

C. Andres Alderete said...

but where will we go when the zombies attack?!

Chindiana said...

Ghoulios! you're back! I officially have NO reason to visit mid valley unless i can get in there before 11am. word ver.: croar

Andres! We dont have that problem here in Malaysia. Them zombies are locked up behind the walls of the Malaysian Road Transport Department...

veronneca said...

why so angry? i can buy u coffee for a week to make you days better :)

Chindiana said...

haha! Veron! coffee??? german beer better! next week on?

Nex said...

I sure hope you're right about online sales picking up in 5 years and malls becoming relics of a bygone era...right now I have to plea and beg someone to buy stuff from a company in another part of Malaysia, and then get someone else to either bring it back to me or post it to me.

Most times I just buy from a foreign country with a well established online commerce. Ironically most times its actually cheaper to import something even after factoring in the shipping cost :-/

Anonymous said...

That cus you never learn Chindy. How many times have I told you NOT to park at the basement carpark?

Ms Spock

Chindiana said...

That's the thing Ms Spock, I went to the 'secret' place and it WAS FULL also!!! how la ?