Sunday, May 17, 2009

Attack of the Retards Part Deux

When one's flight is delayed an hour it's not so bad. There's always some bar I can take refuge in or in some airports I can go get a foot massage (Hatta Soekarno, Don Muang).

BUT when I know because of the delay I :

1. Have to cancel late night drinks with some babes

2. Get in the LCCT past midnight which means getting home waayyy past one am

I AM NOT IN A VERY GOOD MOOD.

So the forces of the universe deem it fit to test my patience..

I board my flight. I sit in my seat (9C). I close my eyes to take a quick nap before take off (a talent that should be everybody's resume).

I hear a commotion next to me. There is this middle aged couple with a child having an urgent discussion.

The wife looks at me. STARES AT MY FOREHEAD, turns to her husband and says,

" yang ni, 25D ke?"

The husband of course being wise, looks at me, turns to the seat across the aisle (9D) and says.

"Tak, tak... yang ni kut."

Wife: "ya ke?"

Husband : " Tak pasti, biar abang tengok..." And he proceeds to inspect the seat.

That's not it. As expected there is a a slight traffic congestion starting from my seat to the entrance. Then the universe throws me another curve ball...

The retard behind the coupld is looking around at the seat numbers displayed above the seats (smart man) and then looking baffled, mumbles to himself, "AK412?, Hmmm........"

It got so bad as the leading stewardess had to make an announcement to

- the couple to move back

- People to read the seat numbers AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARDING PASS and to NOT MISTAKE THE FLIGHT NUMBER AS THEIR SEAT NUMBERS

This is real. Not made up. As Winnie has mentioned to me a million times - I AM A FREAK MAGNET.

So, I keep learning something new:

1. My forehead bears a striking resemblance to the number 25 (D)

2. Low Cost Carriers still attract retards.

3. It is common now for SOME people to mistake a flight number for their seat numbers.

OK folks. I going to get to AirAsia to give me a list of clarifications on how they operate, do's and don'ts, etc. I feel a need to educate people on how a low cost carriers work. If you guys have any questions please put it down in the comments section and I will get them clarified. BEFORE THAT check this earlier post HERE for some answers.

4 comments:

winniechan said...

but retards like these makes the world funnier place in which to live, no? of course not unless the abang punches u in the face and demands you give up your seat despite their stupidity.

dontch forget... u r also a bitchin' bin hahahha

Chindiana said...

haha i would love to see what you would do if our roles were reversed ah Chanzzzz!

veronneca said...

chindiana,

ala, bagi chan la. some ppl has NEVER been in an airplane. If you tell them to seat in the toilet also they'd go.

Some ppl are just not that lucky, i guess :) looks like im not the only freak magnet on earth. welcome to the club!

Chindiana said...

okok i bagi chan ler. maybe I'm just menopausing early...