Saturday, March 21, 2009

This Darn Thing...

Damn, my lap top is heavy. It OK when making a run to the nearest Starbucks but i really can't stick it when i travel. My back will never truly heal from all the injuries so those overseas day trips is just pure hell on the old lower back. It's very misleading of course, the laptop feels OK at the beginning of the day but as meetings wear on coupled with the tango of airport/cab rides/meeting in high rise office/cab/high rise meetings and back to airport "please take out your lap top and place it on the tray sir" (Changi), the back starts protesting. It's as if a fat hobbit teleported into my mother board and was just sitting there chugging back frothy beers.

I'm hoping the evolution of the Macbook Air speeds up to take it out of gimmick territory so it eases the wear and tear on my back, which I badly need in good shape to continue those group orgy sessions...

7 comments:

Nex said...

Wait for the Mac Tablet, supposedly due to be launched later this year.

Not sure if you can click the following link. If you can't, just Google 'Unofficial Mac tablet' and it should be the first link on the page with the heading 'AppleInsider'.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/01/11/unofficial_mac_tablet_draws_record_crowd_at_macworld_high_res_photos.html

And I heard its gonna be retailing at around US$500-600 in the US.

Nex said...

Sorry, just to clarify, the US$500-600 product is not a full size tablet PC, but a large format ( seven or nine-inch) iPod Touch.

Chindiana said...

ah yes. quite pricy eh? I was actually playing around with the idea of getting the Sony Vaio P series - it comes with an 8"screen I think. Plus Acer has something similar. But we'll see, depends on how much traveling I have to me doing in the coming months.

AnandaSim said...

Nah, from the chatter on the web, get an MSI Wind netbook, load it with a MacOS. Lightest and cheapest thing while travelling.

Chindiana said...

Thanks dude, will look into it and check it out!

ah lim said...

Eh don't get Vaio lar... You pay for the looks only.

Chindiana said...

OK Mr Lim Sir!