Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Buy Toys When...



...I'm restless and a little stressed. I told myself to ease off but on the last trip to Singapore I wondered into a little shop that was selling these bad boys loose so I got them cheap - about RM25 - RM30. I always thought the Green Lantern costume was cool so had to get Hal Jordan.


Loved this bad ass Superman.


Lara Croft as a English football yob.


V-Cool or what??? So realistic that I wake up mornings thinking I'm going to find mini dynamites in my shoes.

And my fav piece from the bastards at McFarlane Toys:


Poacher version 2. Check out the insane details - the tattoos, the bones, the paint application on his tusks, etc. etc....


I loved what they did with his ears too.

Oh yeah, some pics blur as I was in a hurry to shoot these.

13 comments:

S'wak said...

I always love the Alex Ross Supes. Did you manage to find the Alex Ross Batman to go with it?

Jun-E said...

The elephant's really cool!

Chindiana said...

Nex! No such luck with a Ross Bats la. If you come across one loose or cheap please let me know ya. And also a Ross WOnder Woman and Flash!

Jun-E! Yezzzzz! That there jumbo is awesomeness incarnate! Since you're in Singapore you should check out the toys stores there! Fantastic stuff! Singaporeans are big into collectables besides the obvious stuff on Orchard Road.

Nex said...

Ha ha ha...Chindi is so used to me being the 1st one to jump in and comment he automatically thought that's me above :P

Chindiana said...

Damn! sorry SORRY S'wak! aiyo... got flu la, blur abit. Thanks for heads up Mr USUALLY First To Comment!

Han Solo said...

Very nice. How tall are these again?

Nex said...

Not tall enough to take you out on a date, cool looking as they are :P

Chindiana said...

They're on 6 inches high but the detailing esp the McFarlane Poacher fig is excellent! Come Solo, I'll take you toy shopping when you get back.

ghoul said...

Awwww dang it!! Wish I was there! Loose figurines summore!! Where did u get it??? Maybe have to go to singapore in couple months and can look for it. So cheap summore. I still want the McFarlane Dragons Series 1 water dragon... *sniffs*

I love that V for Vendetta piece. wanna sell, ah?

Word Verification: zinge

Han Solo said...

can, can. Let's go toy shopping!:-)

nex: drat...neither are they tall enough to stand guard outside my apartment...

Chindiana said...

Ghoul! Never say never with toys! I forgot to mention that i paid SIngapore retail for Poacher new - S$29 but worth every little bit!
V - you can get a new one at Low Yat i think the fler still got cos i aint selling these bad boys!

Good for you Solo! You've just taken the first step into Plastic Heaven!

ghoul said...

my dragons are collecting dust at home :( I can't bear to take them out of the blister packaging *lol*

I think i'll be in Singapore only in january ... maybe can send solo over first to scout place out. Hehe

Chindiana said...

Take it out. The dragons look better displayed. trust me. Take. them .oouuuuut!