Thursday, March 13, 2008

AirAsia Williams Formula One Airbus A320 Plane


Just a pic of the new AirAsia Airbus with the Williams Formula One Team livery. The design was inspired by the graphics on the Williams car. It's already in town and the official launching is next Thursday. Not bad design except for the tyre graphics at the bottom of the plane. Btw, the nose cone design is inspired by Nico Rosberg's (one of the team drivers) helmet design.

Just another example of AirAsia's savvy international branding campaign.

UPDATED 20th March 2008- for pictures of the official launch go HERE.

10 comments:

Wak This Way said...

That's a real nice bus.

The FON said...

looks just like the Williams Team. Probably just as unreliable too. hahaha.

Chindiana said...

Wak! Yeah dude nice but with all that livery and paint/stickers it just might prove one of the lesser fuel effecient aircraft in their stable. But that's my opinion as a layman, tee totaller from Seremban.

The FON! The Chindy appreciates your comments and probably accurate predictions!

Han Solo said...

It looks kinda messy to me. The tail (rudder?) and nose are fine, but the fuselage bit has, I don't know, too many words? I might change my mind if I see it up close though. But then I'm just a girl who knows nothing about planes, although I love the way they work!

Kelv said...

just like those ah beng cars with stickers, but doesn't make the car go faster at all...

no offense of course, ah bengs.

Chindiana said...

haha! Kelvinator! You just made me start thnking of the designer for that livery! hahaha!

Solo, yeah it is a little messy - they tried to recreate the livery on the car but think got carried away with all the other logos. THe wheels at the bottom adds to the rojak mix too.

Chindiana said...

Wait I think they didn't paint the wheels on. I saw it at the LCCT the other day... damn have to recheck!

Wak This Way said...

This bus would certainly stand out on the runway. I think it's messy in a nice way.

Chindiana said...

yeah its not bad. I just didnt like the helmet graphics on the nose cone. On another note they are producing replicas of this plane for sale so if anyone one wants one let me know and I'll get it for you on my next flight. Think it should retail at about RM149.90 or less.

Anonymous said...

it makes the plane heavier!