Good Ole' JR as Jim Ross is fondly know in World Wrestling Entertainment is one of the best play by play commentators whether it's sports or sports entertainment.
One of the longest serving personalities in the business he's been thorough a lot, especially suffering from Bells Palsy and a colon operation but still shows the immense passion for the business he's in.
In true WWE style he spun off his own range of barbecue sauce (picture shows JR with the Divas from WWE), cookbooks and a restaurant.
Here are some of the best quotes I remember from the many nights I sat in front of the TV watching grunting monsters put the smackdown on each other just to satisfy my own pent up feelings of revenge for the office politician!
Mind you I'm quoting some of the more general quotes for the wrestling challenged folk out there. Here goes:
1. On WWE Diva Maria in a hot blue figure hugging dress - "She looks like she poured herself into that dress and forgot to say when!"
2. "Jeff Hardy is quicker than a hiccup!"
3. On WWE owner Vince McMohan - "He could bring a tear to a glass eye."
4. Standard comments during matches:
- "He's being beaten like a government mule!"
- "He's tougher than a 2 dollar steak!"
- "He's out there showing admirable testicular fortitude!"
- "Its gonna be a slobberknocker of a fight!"
- "There he goes, running like a scalded dog!"
5. On wrestler Papi Chulo's dodgy fur coat - "That's the finest roadkill money can buy!"
Ahhh.... wrestling, love it or hate it, it still is one of the best senseless but most satisfying waste of time possible!
Cue the Legion of Doom's opening intro. Come on say it with me.. " WHAAAAAAAAT A RUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSHH!!!!!!!!!"