Thursday, November 15, 2007

EAST and WEST

Holy Colonialism Batman! I've found myself dealing with a bunch of Mat Sallehs who are getting their feet wet in Asia for the first time. I've been so used to expats who've lived in Asia and acclimatised here that it's quite surprising that some old remnants of old skool superiority complex still exits in the world with the newbies. I'm NOT going to bitch about it as I've promised myself to be a happy Smurf at least until the end of the week. So below is just a graphic comparison between uz and themz.

This images were supposedly created by some Asian sinsei dude. Didn't bother bout the details as the images are strong as it is. I forgot to save the actual descriptions so am going by memory so bear with me:



WEST vs EAST


Children


The Boss



Retirement




Turn-ons


In a restaurant


At a party


Weekend


Self-esteem


Queue


What they're thinking


Networking


Punctuality


Making a point

2 comments:

Nex said...

I find myself agreeing with, and fitting in better with what's illustrated on the left hand side. Not all, but most of it.

Maybe that's the reason why I find it so difficult to fit into the local work & social structure.

As for those Mat Sallehs who are getting their feet wet in Asia for the first time, turn the table on them and make them feel real stupid for a change, since you know a lot more about their culture then they know about ours :)

Chindiana said...

Turn the tables? Yeah I should. Just too darn tired at this point. Thought THAT battle was won already since '97. We'll see...