Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Malaysian Angkasawan

Watch out Extraterrestrials! Malaysians are heading towards space! Watch out for rampant tissues and plastic water bottles flung out the airlock, inconsiderate queue jumping in hyperspace and the sudden erection of intergalactic toll collection booths.

I'm sorry, maybe it's because I'm an ignorant Neanderthal but I see no rational reason for us to send some pretty boy into space. A Malaysian in space is as appropriate as a one legged albino frog doing the polka in the middle of the Federal Highway. Maybe we have new experiments to conduct on biotechnology, the study of mass produced plasma screen TVs in zero gravity or maybe just to stake out new territory to plant our optical disc factories?

At least we can say the nation sent up the first space tourist in Asia.

"OK, hang a left at that asteroid. They serve pretty decent Synthetic Engineered Nazee Lemak Special. But honestly, no one accepts Malaysian Ringgits in this galaxy."

*Picture and toys property of Chindiana Trails

3 comments:

S'wak said...

I share your view, dude! I wouldn't call it a landmark in Malaysian history. I mean if we built a rocket or a shuttle and launch it with our people, thus officially entering the space race, THAT would be a landmark. But sending one guy up in space? Any Tom, Dick and Harry with a couple of million bucks in their bank account can do that courtesy of the Russians. So basically what that means is that our Angkasawan is just a space tourist whose airfare (or space fare) was paid by us, the taxpayers! Malaysia boleh!!

Nex said...

S'wak and myself were chatting earlier and we agreed that since our 'poser astronaut' is supposedly taking satay and some kuih Raya to treat the others on board the ISS (like the BITCH that he is), the other real astronauts would be so ashamed to share a rocket with him, they'd probably lock him in the launch pad toilet so he would miss the launch...

And not before they all take turns doing despicable deeds to him...

Chindiana said...

S'wak! My thoughts precisely dude! I just got back from a pub and it's on the TV 'live' and no one gave a shite! Can I state on my tax return that I contributed to a charitable cause?

Nex bro! let's not go there man. He IS supposed to be from Negri and I have to represent the homies y' know...but god knows what's going on up there man...